Using IncMan Dashboards and Widgets
Today, we will talk about our dashboards in IncMan. We will see how to add, delete and generally organize the dashboard widgets. IncMan widgets can display charts, graphs and tables to display and track Key Performance Indicators. IncMan supports role-based dashboards. This is a key requirement for any SOC, facilitating that the right information is available to the right person based on their role, duties, and needs. Which information is required for any individual or team will differ from organization to organization, so we support customization to create unique and dedicated dashboards for every persona.
How to use IncMan Dashboards and Widgets
This default screen displays a number of out of the box charts to get you started. But you will want to customize the dashboard with the widgets you need for your role.
1. To begin creating your unique dashboard, select “Customize” to open the menu.
2. The dashboard screen is split into 4 distinct parts: top, left, right and bottom. By selecting the “+” symbol, you can add an additional widget from a number of pre-defined templates. For this example, let’s add the “Incident Overview” widget:
3. You can change the name of the widget in the configuration screen, for example, “GDPR” or “Urgent Incidents”. You can also specify the applicable timeframe for the widget, and the refresh rate, to determine how often the widget will be updated.
4. Next, we will configure the widget filters to determine the data that the widget displays.
We can apply search filters to narrow down the displayed incidents. You can filter by a variety of attributes, including tags, incident priority, the Incident Response process stage, and any custom fields you have defined. Every filter that is selected will also need a corresponding value assigned to it in the values tab.
5. Once you’ve selected the values you want to add into the table, the final step allows you to define which columns will be displayed in the widget.