Using Queues in IncMan
In this short blog series, I will be discussing and discussing IncMan management features to demonstrate some of the power user functions in our most recent IncMan 184.108.40.206 SP release. Today we will be focusing on how to use the queues feature in IncMan. This functionality has been designed for a SOC team that manages large volumes of incidents with a flexible assignment schedule. This is typically used by SOC’s with a large amount of alerts and incidents, Managed Service Solution Providers and Managed Detect and Response Providers.
- Let’s begin by navigating to “General Settings” which is found in the Settings section.
- Select the section titled “Queue Settings”. Add a new queue by clicking the “+” symbol. The queue will need an email address. This will be used to email the relevant group of users when this incident type is selected.
- Now create a queue name and add the required mailing list for this queue. Click save.
- Navigate to the incident view to start using this queue. Select the Tree Options in the top right of the incident list.
- You will see the new queue that we have created “My New Queue”, in this example. For this queue to become visible, please add it to the selected items list by clicking on “My New Queue”
- The new queue will now be available for usage. See below:
- When you create incidents or update your incident templates you will be able to select this new queue option, expand the queue to see the incidents assigned to it, or be able to click on the queue to show an overview of associated incidents.